TRANSCRIPTS of Miss Universe Cambodia 2020 in Question & Answer Portion.
To me, success is more like a peace of mind (1), is that you are self-satisfied (2) with all the hard work (3) and the efforts that you put into and also is being really happy with what you are currently doing. And it’s impacting the people and yourself in a positive way.
I will definitely gather my team and celebrate the ones that has been in this journey with me from the beginning until the end. And the second day, I think I will take one day break and then after I will continue my mission as your next Miss Universe Cambodia 2020.
Top 10 Question: “What makes you stand out (4) from the other contestants?”
In the starting of this competition, I was constantly (5) called out for being too small, being too this or being too that. And Yes, I was brave enough, confident enough, believing in myself enough that I am here right now, standing in front of you. So Ladies, Don’t let any words distract (6) you, don’t let their words stop you from being yourself. Be You, Be Confident! Thank you!.
Top 5 Question: “There is so much sense of entitlement (7) these days, especially brought about by the digital age. Should you win Miss Universe Cambodia 2020, what for you it’s the real meaning and purpose of having the crown?”
Thank you! To me, the definition of a Miss Universe Cambodia 2020 is a woman of kindness. She is responsible. She is someone that is relatable (8), she can relate to the hardest things that we are facing right now, especially during this difficult time of the pandemic of Covid-19. She is ready to take on any challenges (9). She is the voice to her fellow women. And all these qualities, I believe that I am that woman, your next Miss Universe Cambodia 2020.
(1) peace of mind /piːs əv maɪnd/ (n): sự yên tâm, yên bình trong tâm hồn
(2) self-satisfied /ˌself ˈsætɪsfaɪd/ (adj): tự hài lòng
(3) hard work /hɑːd wɜːk/ (n): (sự) làm việc chăm chỉ
=> hard-working /ˌhɑːd ˈwɜːkɪŋ/ (adj): chăm chỉ
(4) stand out from/ against ST: nổi bật
(5) constantly /ˈkɒnstəntli/ (adv): luôn luôn, liên tục
(6) distract /dɪˈstrækt/ (v): làm sao lãng, làm lãng trí
(7) entitlement /ɪnˈtaɪtlmənt/ (n): quyền lợi
=> sense of entitlement: ý thức về quyền được hưởng thụ
(8) relatable (adj): dễ gần, dễ tiếp cận
(9) take on challenge /ˈtʃælɪndʒ/: chấp nhận thử thách